Golfers were out of bed early on Saturday to join Bob and Christy Maxwell on the golf course at the beautiful Starr Pass Country Club. If you weren't golfing, another lovely option for early risers was to join the daily guided hike provided by the hotel that started at 6:30 a.m. Hotel guests enjoyed a daily breakfast buffet at the hotel's Signature Grill. Breakfast included an omelet bar, your choice of freshly made eggs benedict, waffles, pancakes or french toast, pastries, and other buffet favorites. For a local flare, there was also pork posole, a hearty Mexican soup made with hominy.
The day's entertainment included:
- More exhibits.
- A special showing of Hugh Renfro's ARABIA was scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Along with the showing, Hugh discussed the experiences he had while filming in Saudi Arabia and answered questions. For more information visit www.arabia-film.com.
- A social bridge tournament directed by Gary Howell was scheduled from 1:30 to 3:30.
- Simulated sports coordinated by Jim Maher.
- Relaxation at the hotel's salon and spa or by the pool with lazy river and water slide fun.
- A trip to the Tucson's Desert Museum.
Later that evening, guests dressed in their finest to attend the Reception and Gala Banquet hosted by Aramco Services Company . The reception was held on a patio adjacent to the banquet hall. Guests enjoyed cocktails, wine, and good company before being ushered to the banquet room for a formal dinner. A professional photographer was on site to take couple and group photographs. The keynote speaker for this special occasion was Abdulla Al-Naim, Vice President Exploration, Saudi Arabia. Live music and dancing finished the night with flare.