The monthly progress meeting of Saudi Aramco Ex-Employees Association (SAEEA) was held on February 13, 2018 at Kamal Farooqi’s office. This was the first meeting of current year 2018. The meeting was held after a long interval as most of the office bearers were busy in their own priorities or they were sick. Secondly, SAEEA General Secretary, Ghulam Qutubuddin is out of country.
The attendees were as follows:
- Kamal Ahmed Farooqi (KAF)
- Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan (IAK)
- Arif Qamar (AQ)
- Mohammad Abdul Matin (MAM)
- Muhammad Salim Hamid (MSH)
- Abdul Jabbar Khan (AJK)
The highlights of the meeting were as follows:
- KAF thanked Abdul Jabbar Khan for joining SAEEA meeting. AJK is an American National and is currently on a visit to Pakistan. Although AJK has been out of Pakistan, however, he has seriously been involved in SAEEA activities and is very helpful in to SAEEA in different ways.
- Since AJK is currently in Pakistan and won’t stay long, KAF requested AQ and other attendees to arrange SAEEA 19th Reunion on March 03, 2018 at Arena Club. AQ will book the place in a day or two and then will make announcement of detailed Reunion program.
- KAF felt necessity of an extra worker who may assist SAEEA in having its smooth running.
- IAK has been working on a special program for SAEEA where we can find complete data of all SAEEA Members and their data may be segregated in different format; like total Members, Member out of Country, Members with their working locations in Saudi or deceased Members etc.
- SAEEA Reps visited deceased Anwar Mirza house. After the death of Anwar Mirza his wife showed her interest in becoming SAEEA Member. She and other Family Members also showed their continued interest in participating SAEEA activities even after Anwar Mirza. She and other Family Members keen in attending the forthcoming 19th Reunion. SAEEA will apprise them about the program and Mrs. Mirza will become a regular Member during the event.
- SAEEA also visited ailing Member Iqtidar Ahmed who was seriously ill on that day; but passed away before the minutes are released. A separate report will be published on Iqtidar soon.
- MSH had his two eyes surgery. Therefore, he could not present SAEEA account. KAF appreciated MSH presence even he had recent eyes operations.
- IAK updated about SAEEA web activities.
- KAF advised having next SAEEA meeting before the Reunion at the residence of Asif Mirza. During the meeting Asif Mirza will audit SAEEA account for 2017. MAM to coordinate.
- KAF prayed for all sick people and for those who are not with us.
If you have any questions then please call Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan on +92-321-701-4929 or write to him on email@example.com