Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan with his daughter Dr. Kiran Ata Ur Rehman and Dr. Ata Ur Rehman (son-in-law).
Saudi Aramco Ex-Employees Association (SAEEA) celebrated its 26th Reunion held on September 10, 2023, at Chaupal Restaurant (Chaupal Desi Exotic Buffet) Sea View, Karachi.
The highlights of the function are as follows:
- A total of 93 persons attended the function (50 male, 33 female, and 10 children).
- The venue was picked after the visit of the SAEEA team. It is located at Sea View facing the waves of the sea. It is really an outstanding place as far as location is concerned. Furthermore, the food was also very delicious. All the attendees enjoyed the scenes and food.
- Two new members; Syed Muhammad Yahya and, Imtiaz Jehan Khan; became Members of SAEEA. In order to smooth running; SAEEA has continuously been looking for youngsters. As a result, we found a very good young and active Member Yahya. Yahya is the son of Saudi Aramco ex-Employee Fakhra Begum. SAEEA is positive that Yahya will be a PLUS amongst its active Members. The second member; Imtiaz Jehan is the Wife of Saudi Aramco ex-Employee Qamar Khan. Imtiaz did perform the function of Ladies Representative on a few occasions. However, she was not available for some reasons. Now, she is available and will perform the responsibilities of Ladies Representative. Even in the current reunion (26th), she performed the duties of Ladies Representative in a satisfactory manner.
- All attendees met with their old buddies and enjoyed the event.
- This time, the event started with the enjoyment of beautiful scenes and food. The regular President’s speech etc. was delayed due to limited time; which was delivered at the end of the program.
- Qamar Khan performed the duties of SAEEA Stage Secretary. He briefed about the complete 26th Reunion program.
Kamal A. Farooqi, President SAEEA is addressing the audience.
- In his speech, Kamal Farooqi, President, updated attendees about the activities of SAEEA between the 25th and 26th reunion.
- Issued SAEEA bulletin on a quarterly basis. The first one is very well liked by the members and their families. As a result, SAEEA decided to continue the circulation of three quarterly bulletins. The second one is ready to be published soon.
- Arranged a very successful 4th gathering of HALQ E SHERO ADAB on July 15, 2023. He informed the attendees that because of a limited budget, we arranged SHERO ADAB gatherings at the residence of SAEEA Members. So, we can accommodate limited friends. Next program is tentatively be held sometime next month with more attractions. Friends are requested to please register their names immediately after the ad is circulated.
- During the gap of 25th and 26th reunion, we lost five of our good and active friends; viz
- Muhammad Sharif from the Reservoir Engineering Department,
- Syed Sabir Shah from Abqaiq Security,
- Abbas Ali Khan from Community Services,
- Rashid Ansari from Ras Tanura Refinery and
- Mirza Arshad Baig from Ras Tanura Security.
- At the end, he prayed for Maghferagh of the deceased and Doa for the fast recovery of ailing members and their families.
If you have any questions, please contact Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan at +92-321-701-4929 or write to him at Iqbalkhan.email@example.com.