Dhahran Women's Group, Family Favorites - Volume 1, 1987
1 stick butter
2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic, creamed
1 tablespoon coriander
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup (14 ounces) tomatoes, chopped with juice
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 can butter beans, drained
1 can haricot beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
Sprigs fresh coriander leaves chopped for garnish
- Heat butter in a pan and fry onions until light brown.
- Add garlic and fry for a few seconds, then add the coriander, garam masala and chili powder. Stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and sugar. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Carefully add the drained beans, stir thoroughly, then cover and heat gently.
- Serve garnished with the chopped coriander.
Muriel Brownson, Dhahran