SAEEA Monthly Meeting Minutes for May 2013
GQ Khan, Iqbal Khan, Kamal Farooqi,
MA Matin and Shafiq Khan
The monthly meeting of Saudi Aramco Ex-Employees Association (SAEEA), Karachi, Pakistan was held on May 02, 2013. The attendees were as follows: SAEEA OFFICE BEARERS:
- Kamal Ahmed Farooqi (KAF)
- Ghulam Qutubuddin Khan (GQK)
- Engineer Iqbal Ahmed Khan (IAK)
- Mohammad Abdul Matin (MAM)
- Shafiq A. Khan (SAK)
Following are the highlights:
- Kamal A. Farooqi explained the activities during the month of April 2013.
- KAF briefed about SAEEA 7th reunion held on April 21, 2013. The main highlights are: 1) A total of 147 persons confirmed attending 7th reunion. However, only 120 attended. SAEEA does not have any other option but to pay charges for remaining 27 persons from its almost zero resources. In future, people have to confirm their attendance 48 hours before. However, in case of his absence, he has to shoulder his contribution. 2) SAEEA next function will be in a better place in terms of location and food etc. 3) KAF highlighted names of few attendees who could not pay their contribution because of unknown reason(s). KAF advised two of SAEEA Office holders to visit residences of those Friends to know the reasons.
- SAEEA is in process of ordering souvenir with SAEEA logo for distribution to SAEEA paid Members. Few samples were examined and the matter was kept on hold until next SAEEA meeting. During this period, two SAEEA office bearers, will survey local market to see additional items.
- Wives of two SAEEA Members, Mrs. Manzoor Shaikh and Mrs. Younus Shaikh started working as Ladies Representatives. They have been receiving feedback from the ladies. Their Names will be incorporated in SAEEA website very soon.
- It was mutually agreed to hold the 8th reunion tentatively after Eid (August, 2013). SAEEA to request one of the active SAEEA Members to arrange the next function as per his suggestions during the 7th reunion function.
- The current penaflex used during SAEEA 7th was little smaller than SAEEA requirement. KAF requested Shafiq to design another one for his review. SAEEA to review names of few SAEEA active members to pick two suitable persons to hold SAEEA election during 8th reunion in August, 2013.
- SAEEA by laws were reviewed again and will be incorporated with SAEEA website soon.
- SAEEA reviewed the suggestions/recommendations made by the attendees during 7th reunion and will keep in mind the suggestions/recommendations for future SAEEA planning. SAEEA is thankful to Mr. and Mrs Qamar for gathering such important information from all the attendees.
- During 7th reunion, one of SAEEA Members suggested developing and mailing community magazine leaflet to all SAEEA members’ residences. SAEEA is reviewing the cost involved and will implement it if it is within SAEEA resources.
- KAF concluded the meeting with prayers for sick people and condolence prayers for those who are not with us.
If you have any question or comments then please call Engr. Iqbal A. Khan 03217014929 or write to him on [email protected].