SAEEA 11th Reunion - 4th Anniversary held on August 10, 2014
Saudi Aramco Ex-Employees Association (SAEEA) celebrated 11th Reunion, 4th Anniversary, Eid Milan and the First Picnic on August 10, 2014 at Karachi Farm House, Super Highway, Karachi. The Highlights of the function are as follows:
- A total of 145 persons attended the function (70 male, 45 ladies and 30 children)
- All attendees met with their old buddies and enjoyed the event.
- Three additional persons joined the Association and became Members. They are M. Muslemeen (Badge No.73073), Shah M. Umar Farooqi (Badge No. 73978) and Qazi Ahmed Naseer (Badge No.74869).
- Function Secretary, Syed Shahid Ali started the event with the recitation from the Holy Qur’an by Engr. Iqbal Ahmed Khan.
- This was not a formal reunion but was very special one as we all celebrated the first PICNIC in a Farm House. There was a high pressure from most of the members to change the usual routine and to do it in a different style. To keep the valuable opinion of all the members SAEEA with the help of other Members, especially Khaliluddin Qureshi, Qamar A. Khan, Syed Shabbar S. Abidi, Jamil Shaikh and Mrs. Qamar Khan remarkably organized this event. The attendance figure shows the success of the reunion. Children enjoyed the most as well as the senior SAEEA Members. The change proved beyond SAEEA expectations.
- SAEEA also invited few professional musicians for a musical program during the picnic, which is an extra flavor for the event. Few SAEEA Members also participated in the musical program. All participants enjoyed the music.
- In the ladies side the goodies bag and the quiz program made a big attraction for ladies and children.
- Few games were also planned for men area, however, because of shortage of time they were not performed.
- There were four swimming pools in the Farm House and most of the attendees, especially children, enjoyed the most.
- A leading newspaper contacted and requested SAEEA to provide a list of all small children attending the picnic. They intended distributing gifts to the children. SAEEA provided list of small children and will distribute the gifts when received.
- Since the function started early morning, therefore, SAEEA arranged breakfast, lunch and then evening tea for all attendees.
- In the short speech Kamal Ahmed Farooqi (KAF)-President SAEEA informed that this picnic is a special one and there is no need for any formal speech etc. All office bearers were available with all the members and they are exchanging their views and suggestions for future activities.
- KAF thanked all attendees, especially Khaliluddin Qureshi, Syed Shabbar S. Abidi, Qamar A. Khan, Mrs. Qamar Khan and Jamiluddin Shaikh for devoting their valuable time and energy for making the program successful.
- KAF thanked The Musicians Mr. Mehdi and Mr. Zafar for their participation and as a token of remembrance presented them the SAEEEA Souvenirs.
- Finally KAF prayed for all the sick Members of the Association.