RAWO is working since April 2013 in Korangi and also from 2017 in Thallian village, D I Khan with the Aim to uplift the poor people economically, raise their education standard, and provide platform to excel further.
The year 2019 was quite successful for Rehmat Ul Alameen Welfare Organization (RAWO) in which welfare works were expanded in various directions such as
- Qurbani and distribution of meat on Eid Ul Azha
- Plantation of Khajure Fruit Trees (Dates) in DI Khan,
- Providing flock of chickens (1+3) for breeding purposes to poor families in DIK setup.
- Establishment of Computer Institute in Jamia Musjid High School Safoora Goth Karachi.
- Tube Well installation in Landhi Area for general public.
- Physiotherapy/medicalSupport to patients.
- Support in provision of house in Korangi to RAWO lady teacher.
Works & Schemes
The works/scheme undertaken by the organization in 2019 are briefly enumerated below with expenditures.
RAWO Korangi Setup
D.I. Khan Setup
Welfare Works at Korangi
- Teaching Quran
The children are learning Quran in two shifts. Qari Saifullah and a lady teacher are performing the duties. There are about 100 students. A third teacher is teaching the Quranic Arabic to elder students. The aim is to teach Nazra and to make Quran understandable at childhood level.
Annual Expenditures - Rs. 96,000
Quran Classes for Girls and Boys
- Stitching School ( Girls )
The aim is to teach stitching to the Girls, so that they become earning member of their family instead of being a liability. A batch of 30 to 35 students are trained by two teachers in 3 to 4 months. The fee has been kept low (Rs.100 per month). A subsidy of Rs.74,400 annually is needed to keep the school in functional state.
Annual Expenditures - Rs. 74,400
Stitching Classes for Girls
- Welfare Schemes Korangi During 2019
- Marriage Support - Three
- Support. Cash + In kind (Cloths,Utensils,Dinner Set etc) = Rs. 75,000
- Distribution of sets of books to poor students of class 1 - 10 = Rs. 50,000
- Distribution of copies/journals to poor students of Govt. schools who gets the books free from the Govt. = Rs. 10,000
- Zakat Cash / Ration Scheme to Families.
- Annual Payment = Rs. 240,000
- Eid Special Package Cash = Rs. 30,000
- Ramzan & Eid Support.
- 25 Families Ration during Ramzan. = Rs. 75,000
- 32 Families, Ration with cash Support on Eid. = Rs. 144,000
- Eid Dresses Korangi (Cloth Received as Donation)
- Eid Dresses Stitched by Stitching Class = 160 Suits
- Stitching Charges paid to Teachers & Students. = Rs 22000
- Marriage Support - Three
Eid Clothes for Girls
Girls Eid Dresses Stitched in Stitching School Korangi
- Micro Financing (Zero Markup)
It has been run successfully for the last four years. 315 persons have received Financial Support up till 2019 and are in business independently. 50 persons were benefited in 2019. More than Rs 800,000 is in circulation with a monthly recovery of Rs75000 to Rs85000 with zero markup. There is no defaulter since launching of this scheme.Our clients are poor people those selling Fruits, Vegetable, small shop owners etc.
Shops at Door Step and Thailas Financed by Micro Financing
- Computer Institute
It was established in October 2014 in a rented accommodation with 10 Computers. In November 2017it was shifted to our main accommodation in Korangi. Presently it is under strength, one teacher is managing the classes. Though the institute is financially not very successful, however it has been run for the welfare of poor students. The present strength of the students is 22. The repair maintenance and replacement of the computers is done as per needs arrives.
Expenditures in 2019 = Rs. 135,000
Computer classes for Boys and Girls
- Medical Support
- Financial assistance is provided to closely associate persons requiring medical support etc.
- Patients for eye surgery are sent to Lions International Eye Hospital for free Cataract Operation.
- Cases of complicated nature are referred to known specialist for free consultation.
- A woman from DI Khan suffered from stroke, provided physio treatmentat Karachi costing.
- Treatment charges monthly @ Rs4000, to father of Arabic Teacher. = Rs 24,000
- A friend suffered stroke provided medical/physio treatment costing. = Rs 95,000
Annual Expenditures = Rs 239,000
- Coaching Centre
From November 2017, a Coaching Centre has been started from KG-I to class 8th comprising of two sections. There are presently 30 students. This coaching is helpful to weak students. Two teachers have been employed. The fee is kept low to accommodate maximum students.
Net Expenditures = Rs. 6600
Coaching Classes in Progress
- Cooking Classes
Cooking Classes have been started on weekly basis from December 2017 on every Sunday. A course of 12 weeks have been planned for making 12 simple dishes. Initial expenditures of Rs 10,000 have been made for utensils, gas burner and grocery etc. A batch of 10 students and one teacher are on the job.
Cooking Classes in Progress
- Children Library
A library has been established for the children. Story books, historical books, and books on religion mostly in Urdu of children level have been received as donation. Procurement of more booksfrom the market is in progress.
Total Expenditures Korangi Setup During 2019 = Rs. 1,166,600
RAWO Set up at Thallian Village, DI Khan District
A unit of RAWO was established in Thalian village district DI Khan in 2017. It is a small village about 50 KM west of DI Khan.It’s all mud houses except the mosque. There is no electricity, no water, no communications, no economic activity etc. Agriculture and cattle grazing is the only commitment of the people which is in its most primitive stage. It depends on rains in the mountains and the run off is used as water source for all purposes. The rain fall is not regular thus causes draught and famine of highestorder.
View of Village Thallian Village Mosque,(Immam Musjid on right)
Drinking wateris brought from distance, from rain accumulated ponds or from tanks filled with spring water. The animal’s drinking water is also from the ponds.
Drinking Water Pond
Animals Water Pond
In these circumstances RAWO has started some welfare schemes in the area to support the poor villagers. In the first instance a Tube Well was installed with solar power to uplift the agriculture and help solve the drinking water problem of the village.
Two more Tube Wells were also installed one as a support to the village and the other on Micro Financial Scheme.
Some other schemes such as Financial support, Zakat distribution, Ration support, Tuition Centre, Provision of Cloths on Eid etc are also under taken on limited scale due to financial constraints and lack of administrative set up.
Presently Imam Musjid Qari Obaid Ullah is organizing the RAWO affairs.
- Installation of Tube Well (Solar Powered). A tube well was installed for regular supply of water for irrigation as well as for drinking.purposes with solar power.
Expenditures 1x TW = Rs 320,000
Installation of Tube Well at Thallian Village under Micro Finance Scheme
- Fruit Trees Plantations
10x Dates and other trees are planted coasting = Rs 5000
- Coaching & Quran Classes
Extra coaching to the students is provided through coaching classes.
Coaching Center. Quran and Hafiz classes are also run on regular basis. = Rs 24,000
Quran & Coaching Class by Qari Obaid-Ullah
- Monthly Ration
- Monthly ration support is provided to Musjid for resident students. = Rs 60,000
- Ceremony of Hafiz Quran
A ceremony was held in the mosque on the occasion of Hefiz of Quran Gifts to students & Food arrangements for the guest & participants were made.
Expenditures: Rs 20,000
Address by Guest Alim
- Eid Dresses (Cloth Received as Donation)
- Dresses for boy & girls 85 nos.
- Stitching Charges Expenditures. = Rs 17,000
- Marriage Support
Financial and support in kind have been provided to a poor widow of the village for the marriage of her daughter as a welfare measure.
- Cash Support = Rs 20,000
- Support in Kind. Cloths, Utensils, Dinner Set etc.
- Qurbani on EidulAzah. Three cows were slaughtered on Eid occasion the meat was distributed in the village and a dinner was arranged for the guests, students and notables of the village on Eid, Hafiz e Quran Ceremony.
- Medical Support. Medical support to a woman met with an accident. Rs 50,000
Total Expenditures at D I Khan Setup - Rs 196,0000
Total Expenses of RAWO in 2019 (Korangi + DI Khan)
Rs 1,166,600 + 196,600 = Rs 1,362,600
Some Special Welfare Works By RAWO
- Tube Well Installation for General Public.
A Tube well has been installed in Landhi area at a cost of Rs150,000 from donations for use of general public as free supply. RAWO representative in Landhi M Naeem Khan, shall monitor the supply and maintenance of the TW.
Boring Depth - 255 Ft.
Diameter of Bore - 5 Inches
Water Tank Capacity - 300 Gallons
Tube well Drilling In Progress
Water Distribution Arrangements
- Establishment of Computer Institute in Musjid School.
A fully equipped Computer Institute with 10 Computers has been established/donated at Jamia Musjid Madina High School for Boys and Girls at Safoora Goth Karachi. The cost of establishment of Computer Institute is approximately Rs 125,000.
Jamia Musjid Safoora Goth
Jamia Musjid High School for Boys & Girls
Computer Institute Established in High School
- Bad Loan Scandal.
A poor person Jameel Masih was trapped in a bad loan scandal in a meager amount of Rs50,000 He was paying Rs5000 pm as interest for last one year without reduction in the principle amount. He was saved from the clutches of the trap by advancing him Rs 50.000 from Micro Finance system of RAWO.
- Khatume Quran Mehfil.
A Khatum e Quran and Dua Mehfil was organized at Korangi followed by lunch for children, staff and guest sat an expenditures of Rs 15,000.
Children of Korangi Setup (Col Javed Majid ,Mulana Salman ,Maj Zahid Maqsood)
- Marriage Support
4x marriages were supported with cash of Rs 95000 and with items of daily use and cloths in Karachi and DI Khan.
Items of Jahiez (Dowry), Cloths and Utensils in support of Marriage in D I Khan
- Medical treatment expenses were born for patients suffering from stroke, accident, physio therapy cases and general illness involving expenditures of more than Rs 289,000.
- House Support.
RAWO Quran lady teacher is supported to purchase a small house in Korangi costing Rs 8 lacs. The major part is borne by her family. The balance has been collected through donations. The house has been handed over to her at the end of December 2019.
- Khajore Plantation Support.
Khajore (Dates) plants are donated as financial support to families in DI Khan, village Thallian. It is expected that it will bear fruits after 4 to 5 years shall become a source of income.
Khajores Trees Planted as Gift to Families in D I Khan
- Flocks of chickens (1+3) have been provided free of cost to poor families in DI Khan area village Thallian to support them financially.
- Qurbani on Eidul Azah. Three cows were slaughtered on Eid occasion the meat was distributed in the villageand a dinner was arranged for the guests, students and notables of the village on Eid, Hafiz e Quran Ceremony.
Cows Purchased from Village of DIKhan for Eid ul Azha Qurbani
Food is Consumed
Dau for the Welfare of all, Ameen.
The welfare of a society has unlimited dimensions and scopes with unending expenditures. With the establishment of RAWO with meager resources some positive results have been achieved. The scope and extent can be enhanced with the increase in resources and efforts. However with collective efforts in organized manner and with God blessings, the welfare work can be enhanced to new heights.
Col Javed Majid Siddiqui (NED 67) (Mob +92 346 2052544)
(For Donation) ASKARI BANK : PK 48 ASCM 0000 3301 0057 9785
(For Zakat) MEEZAN BANK : PK 51 MEZN 0001 1501 0130 1050