All are welcome: Aramco Annuitants, Former Aramco Employees, and Aramco Brats
Dear Fellow Annuitants and Brats,
On behalf of this year’s Hafla Organizing Committee, we welcome all Aramcons (Annuitants, Retirees, Brats, and friends) to the 2024 Aramco Annuitants Reunion at the Omni Las Colinas Hotel in Irving, Texas. The three-day event will be held at a beautiful hotel located only 12 minutes from both Dallas Fort Worth Airport and Dallas Love Field Airport.
August 30 - September 2, 2024
Omni Las Colinas Hotel
221 Las Colinas Blvd.
Dallas is one of the top visitor destinations in Texas. From AT&T Cowboys Stadium to the Toyota Music Factory, Omni Las Colinas Hotel puts you near everything. Dallas is a major center for entertainment – from sports and music to the arts. With an excellent symphony orchestra, visiting opera, ballet and theater groups and major league sporting teams, adults and families alike will find lots of activities any day or night.
For the fashion-conscious, Dallas is a shopping mecca. Whether it’s upscale shopping at the Galleria and the Legacy West shopping center or outlet shopping at Grapevine Mills, you’re sure to find the perfect “souvenir.”
If you are staying a few days longer, be sure to check out Fort Worth - the 12th-largest city in the United States, known for Texas hospitality and a dozen remarkable districts full of culture and fun. Highlights include:
- The historic western Fort Worth Stockyards featuring the world’s only twice-daily cattle drive and daily rodeo.
- The park-filled Cultural District with the Kimbell Art Museum and four other museums, the Botanic Garden, and Fort Worth Zoo ranked #5 in the nation.
- Sports/concerts at Dickies Arena, Texas Motor Speedway, and Will Rogers Memorial Center and connected downtown with the 37-block Sundance Square district.
The 2024 Hafla will feature two banquet dinners, musical entertainment and activities ranging from indoor/outdoor to cultural/ creative and everything in between! There will also be a Souk, art classes, and special lecturers. The hotel is situated on the picturesque Lake Carolyn and has a full-service spa, heated pool to relax by, and a walking path around the lake. Gondola boat rides and stand-up paddle boards are also available for rent close by. For those baseball enthusiasts, the Texas Rangers will be playing the Oakland A’s Friday night at the nearby Globe Field.
We look forward to seeing you there!
~Hafla Organizing Committee
***The first 75 registration forms to be submitted will be entered in a room-upgrade raffle.***
***We have 6 rooms in this raffle.***
***Sign up now to get your name into our room raffle draw!***
The registration form explains what the registration fees are for. We promise, the money will go back to you in food and drinks. Please sign up sooner rather than later. Having a head count helps us determine our budget!
CUT-OFF DATE IS JULY 16, 2024. The 2024 Hafla discounted rate is valid from August 27th to September 4th. Room rates are $229 single/double occupancy King or Double Rooms.
Complimentary WIFI is extended to all Omni Select members (membership is free). Either call the hotel or use this link to sign up. https://bookings.omnihotels.com. Free WIFI access is also available in hotel common areas. In-room hotel WIFI rates are $9.95/day. Other room amenities include: lighted makeup mirror, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, Keurig coffee maker, digital alarm clock, flat screen TV, On Demand movies.
The hotel offers a fully-equipped, complimentary fitness center, heated lakeside swimming pool and whirlpool open year-round, jogging and biking trail around the hotel, and Mokara Spa, a full-service salon and spa.
Click on the following link for the Omni Hotel to make your reservations:
Activities of Interest
Information and fees for activities are being finalized and will be announced shortly - so be sure to look for future updates on Aramco Expats/Events so you can register for these events. You must register and pay for events in advance.
Saudi Trivia- come and play this unique trivia game where you can test your knowledge and memory on how well you know Saudi.
Guest lecturers on a variety of subjects and authors from within our annuitant community. Specific topics to be announced and subject to change:
- Activities such as Paint & Sip or Crafts & Cocktails
- Photo backdrop set up with Arabian props for personal photo opportunities
- Photo booth open throughout the event
- A tripod and a few selfie sticks will be on site for all to use
- A professional photographer will be onsite before the Sunday banquet
Working on other activities as well, please email me with suggestions!! firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Lecturer / Class Signups
Do you have a topic of interest to share with your fellow Aramcons? Whether it is a talk on Middle Eastern Daggers or an activity like Paint and Sip, we are interested in trying to give you a time slot to share the topic or activity. Please send us an email at Annuitantreunion2024@gmail.com with the details (see below) and we will be back in touch.
Activities will be firming up soon - so don’t be shy or wait too long! Email the following information to: Annuitantreunion2024@gmail.com.
- Activity Name - (Presentation/ lecture or activity such as artsy class, Yoga or fitness, organized sport. i.e., pickleball, tennis.
- Activity Write-Up - Please provide a brief write-up on your topic/activity to let people know why they don’t want to miss it! Please let us know how long you will need for your lecture/ activity.
- Space - Are there any special space requirements for your activity? If you need a workspace, please advise how many tables/chairs. If you are proposing a Fitness activity, please advise on space requirements.
- Audio/Visual - If you are presenting or lecturing, will you require Audio/Visual equipment and/or will you be bringing your own? (Please advise if Mac or Android). Do you require a screen/microphone (depending on class size)?
- Fees - Please advise if you will be charging for the event (to cover cost of materials). If so, please detail the fee you wish to charge and what is included in the fee.
- Special Requirements - Will there be anything unusual you will require for your event? (ie. Paint and Sip will include ‘beverages’). Example: A Yoga session would require space, we would check with the hotel on whether mats are available.
Exhibits / Souk
Chairperson: David Jessich (512) 263-8727, Email: email@example.com. Display your hobbies, photos, crafts and special accomplishments before and after retirement. Tables will be provided. There is no charge for this event.
Email the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exhibitor Name
- Exhibit Description
- Number of tables needed
If you are interested in volunteering, please message me at email@example.com
I am currently in need of immediate help in the following areas:
- Tech-savvy individuals to help with online registration, FAQs, etc.
- Volunteers to run the various activities (i.e. pickleball or bridge)
- Volunteers to check in guests at the event
- Committee Chairs (registration, activities, speakers, souk, banquet, raffle & donations)
We also have a Facebook auction page. 100% of the money raised here goes to the slush fund (aka extra drinks for everyone). Bid on this page to attempt to buy the items in each post. You can opt to have the item mailed to you or pick it up at the reunion on the day of registration. If you want to donate anything to the auction, please text me a photo and all the details and we will get it on the auction page. Feel free to email me or text me if you have specific questions Joyaneumann@hotmail.com or Annuitantreunion2024@gmail.com.
Follow us on Facebook!