Khalid H. Al-Dabbagh and Stuart T. Gulliver Appointed
Khalid H. Al-Dabbagh
Khalid H. Al-Dabbagh has recently been appointed to the Aramco Board of Directors. Currently, Al-Dabbagh serves as the chairman of the Board of Directors for SABIC and director on the Board of Governors of the GCC Board Directors Institute.
Al-Dabbagh has also served in the following capacities at Aramco:
- Senior vice president Finance, Strategy & Development and the CFO from 2018 to 2021
- Financial controller from 2012 to 2018
- Treasurer from 2010 to 2012
- Manager of the Business Analysis Department, with Strategy and Marketing Analysis from 2008 to 2010
- Acting executive director of Marketing, Supply, and Joint Venture Coordination, 2008
- Manager of Crude Oil Sales and Marketing, 2008
- Director of Joint Venture Development and Support from 2006 to 2008
- President and CEO for Saudi Petroleum International Inc. in New York from 2003 to 2006
- Managing director for Saudi Petroleum Ltd. in Tokyo from 2001 to 2003.
Al-Dabbagh has also previously served as:
- Chairman of the Board of Saudi Aramco Development Company (SADCO)
- Chairman of the Wisayah Investment Management Company
- Board director with Showa Shell Sekiyu K.K.
- Board director of Sadara Chemical Company
- Board director of ARLANXEO Holding B.V.
- Board director of Fujian Refining and Petrochemical Company
- Board director of Saudi Aramco Base Oil Company (Luberef)
- Board director of the Arab Petroleum Pipeline Company (Sumed)
- Vice chairman of Sinopec SenMei Products Company
- Board member of Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures
- Board member of the Saudi Aramco Entrepreneurship Center
- Board member of the Pengerang Refining and Petrochemical (Pref- Chem)
- Board member of Aramco Trading Company (ATC) and the chairman of its Board Audit Committee.
Al-Dabbagh obtained a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Toledo in 1985 and has completed a number of executive leadership programs, including the Senior Executive Program at the London Business School.
Stuart T. Gulliver
Aramco recently appointed former HSBC CEO Stuart T. Gulliver to the Board of Directors.
Gulliver currently serves as a director on the boards of the Olayan Group, the Saudi British Bank, the Airport Authority Hong Kong, and Jardine Matheson. He serves on the international advisory council for the HK Stock Exchange. Gulliver also serves as the chairman and nonexecutive director for Maggie’s Centers and a Trustee for the SBSA.
He has also served in the following capacities:
- Group CEO with HSBC from 2011 to 2018
- Chairman of the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation from 2011 to 2018
- Chairman of HSBC Bank plc, HSBC Bank Middle East Ltd., HSBC Private Banking Holdings (Suisse) SA and HSBC France
- Deputy chairman of HSBC Trinkaus & Burkhardt AG and a member of its supervisory board
- CEO, Global Banking Markets & Global Asset Management with HSBC from 2008-2010
- Group managing director, USA with HSBC from 2006- 2008
- Group managing director and head, Corporate, Investment Banking & Markets with HSBC from 2004-2006
- Group GM and co-head, Corporate, Investment Banking & Markets with HSBC from 2003-2004
- Group GM and head, Global Markets with HSBC from 2002-2003
- Group GM and head, Treasury & Capital Markets APAC with HSBC from 2000-2002
- Head, Treasury & Capital Markets APAC with HSBC from 1996-2000
- Regional head, Treasury & Capital Markets APAC with HSBC from 1994-1996.
Gulliver obtained an M.A. degree in Jurisprudence from the University of Oxford in 1980.
— The Arabian Sun: July 7, 2021 | Vol. LXXVI, No. 26